Pages

September 23, 2014

WIP: Butterick 4443 Polka Dot Dress Day 1

ワンピースに取り掛かりました。
モデルが着てる黄色いのの予定。
Butterick 4443
Now that my machine is back from service, I have started my next garment project, Butterick 4443.

I have decided to make View C, the yellow dress the model is wearing, less bow belt.
This will be my very first, woven, fitted bodice dress. I really like the princess seam bodice.
Looks so simple...
I wanted to make it right, plus somehow I knew that the fitting will be a bigger issue for a fitted bodice woven dress than a knit dress, I decided to make a muslin.
Amazingly bodice uses so little fabric
I know I'm supposed to draw lines and stuff on muslin but my knowledge base is not there yet; I still have a lot to read about how to make a proper fitting muslin, so I just went for simply cutting the fabric (old bed sheet) for bodice pattern pieces.
First muslin after ripping the CB 3x
The pattern had this fold line for petite, separate from lengthen/shorten line (I don't know what the difference is). Since I'm only 5'3", which is technically a petite height, I went for it and folded the patterns short by 1 inch. Well, I think I need that 1 inch back for the front, and I will probably have to do sway back adjustment by 3 inches or so (what is wrong with my back?).

But the biggest problem was the neck gaping. It was gaping in the front, and gaping big time in the back.
Of course, a day like this when I needed an extra set of eyes and hands to see and work on the fitting on my back, the Man of the House was gone fishing so I had to kind of blindly pinch the extra fabric.

I am quite not happy with the fit yet; will require a 2nd muslin. But I will have to figure out how to fix the front neck gaping and sway back adjustment first.

No comments:

Post a Comment