Pages

July 25, 2014

FO: D2N Skater Dress

ワンピースできました。
かな~りお腹引っ込めております。見えづらいけど、首周りは前回のタンクトップと同じです。
D2N Skater Dress
Finished D2N Skater Dress.

The bodice pattern is Maria Denmark Day to Night Drape Top, and the skirt pattern is Kitschy Coo Lady Skater Dress.
My last D2N top was a bit tight around shoulder so I went up a size and cut Small this time. Used the neck, shoulder, and the armhole from the D2N top and merged with Skater Dress bodice waist. 

I noted myself to shorten the bodice by 1 inch in my previous Lady Skater Dress, and I completely ignored it, thinking that I must have been wrong, or it must have been the fabric I used and my bodice was again 1 inch too long. I need to trust myself sometimes.

The fabric was ITY jersey and very thin and flimsy. It actually shows my belly bump too much that I can kind of see the skin color a bit so I have to wear a full slip underneath.

Just like my last D2N top, I used the FOE for back neck and arm hole. I did not have a matching navy FOE and did not have a patience to go out and buy one, or find one, so I just used white one thinking that it would match the white of the dots.
Well, I may need a white belt to balance out the bright white arm hole edges.

I finished the hem with my very first ever rolled hem. It took me a while to get the right tension but it was worth it. Hind sight is that maybe I could have use a bright white rolled hem to go with the white FOE. But again, I did not have any white decorative serger thread (I used Bulky Nylon for the navy rolled hem) so I wouldn't have had the patience to go and get white thread anyway.

I am very happy with the result, other than my poor fabric choice. Fabric is thin, but the dress itself is totally wearable with a slip, which is not too bad. 

Then, I somehow came across DKNY design Vogue V1351
V1351
Well, isn't that what I just made? 

D2N Drape Top + Skater Dress = DKNY. Not bad, huh?

2 comments:

  1. 前のワンピースと見比べて見た。ノースリーブでこちらも今の季節スッキリしてていいね!似合う。ほっそいで!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 布がかなり薄手で、おなかぽっこりが丸見えなので、写真ではもうお腹限界に引っ込めてるよ(笑)最近はどかた焼けもひどくて、ノースリーブはちょっと恥ずかしい。

    ReplyDelete