Pages

October 2, 2014

WIP: Butterick 4443 Polka Dot Dress Day 5

早速実際に使いたかった布でのワンピース作成に取り掛かっております。
伸びない布で服を作るのは緊張する。

B4443 Bodice
Finally cut into the fashion fabric to make my Butterick B4443.
Just finished sewing the princess seams and side seams for the bodice.

By the way, I have learned this double pinning technique from Susan Kahlje's Craftsy class and it is revolutionary. I had never seen or even heard of this technique before. You pin twice with one pin, kind of like doing a running stitch. I am usually a pin-perpendicular-to-seam-line person (because that's what my mother did) but used this technique for pinning the princess seam.
It really worked well easing the extra fabric as if I were doing a basting stitch, but it was much easier to unpin rather than unpicking the basting stitch. It is amazing how a little tip works. This kind of thing really makes me want to do an apprenticeship under a master couturist/tailor/bespoke, so I can learn all the techniques correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment