Pages

March 31, 2019

Ginger Jeans Day 6: Muslin Finished

ジーンズの試作品完成~。
試作品とは言え、カプリ丈ジーンズとして普通に着れます。
っていうかもうこれ着てお出かけしたし。


I am just so very proud of my muslin Ginger. My very first proper pants and they are totally wearable and totally look like a real thing.

Anyways, let's start with a button hole.
I wanted to use the key hole shape automatic button hole on my Janome.


I tried different needles and different tensions but basically the topstitching thread just did not work so I used the regular thread in orange.


Belt loops got hammered down. It's amazing how a little hammering tames the thick fold of denim fabric.


 Front button is attached. Looks so proper.


I used my Prym Vario pliers to install rivets. It's a bit tight to fit the fabric in the pliers but doable and I don't have to worry about rivets going in crooked.


Muslin finished.
Wore them all day yesterday. A bit gaping at the back waist but other than that, I am very very happy with the result.
Now, I have to trace the pattern again for straight size 8 and start this process all over.


No comments:

Post a Comment