Pages

March 29, 2019

Ginger Jeans Day 5: Adjustments

先日の試し縫いで出た問題部分を解決すべく、補整。


Day 5 of my Ginger Jeans making is making adjustments based on the fitting of basted jeans.
I cut off the center back for sway back.
Scooped out the crotch curve for low butt.


I also let out the side seams at the low butt area.
Then the back pockets were sewn on for real with topstitching thread. I did not move the pockets.


Hard to see but the low butt is fitting much better. (Just ignore my muffin top, please.) However, because of the way I let out the side seams, I now have weird excess fabric at the sides. Maybe I need to let out at the center back?
I cut a size 8 at waist and down 6 at hip so I may just stick with straight size 8 and see what happens.


Still have a lot of wrinkles in the back leg - need to take some length off there?
The knees are pretty fitted. This is a skinny version, by the way. I would probably have to do a chunky calf adjustment if I am to make a full length skinny.


The front is not too terribly bad. I will try changing the front crotch curve on my real pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment