Pages

January 7, 2015

WIP: Womanizing Newcastle Cardigan Day 2 & 3

カーディガンちょっと進歩。
The foot control for my sewing machine that I ordered has arrived and it works! I am so happy to be able to sew slow. Yes, I am a slow sewer. No shame in that.

I came back to my Newcastle where I left off and found that after connecting the shoulders and top stitching the shoulders. I was trying to piece together the center front and the front placket. Then I realized that I sewed the shoulder seams wrong so that the center front was at the side seam and side seams were at the front. It was not fun unpicking the 4 top stitching lines and 2 seams from this thick sweatshirt knit.

So, after listening to the most recent This American Life podcast, I have only sewn front placket and facing pieces together. 

At this snail's pace, my this month's goal of finishing two garment pieces might have been a tall order...

No comments:

Post a Comment