Pages

April 26, 2017

Backpack Chronicle 2

小型リュック、ちまちまと作っています。2個同時制作。



My backpack project is moving forward, slowly. I am actually making 2 at the same time.

I had some difficulty with my shoulder strap. The strap is a poly webbing covered with fabric. I like the idea of having a webbing in the fabric to give strength. However, I originally interfaced the fabric with rather stiff fusible (the one I use for shirt collar) and it was too thick when I inserted the poly webbing in it. So I had to rip the seam, and rip the interfacing off the fabric strip and re-sewed it without the fusible. Thanks to the webbing, it is still nice and strong.

Lesson learned about making a fabric tube: make sure to press the seam open BEFORE turning the fabric tube inside out. Such a small thing, but makes the world of difference.

Also, I found out that the hardware I got (square belt sliders) were too short that the strap could only go through once but not the other way to make the strap adjustable. Back to online shopping... (because there is no JoAnn that I can just run to sadly).

No comments:

Post a Comment