Pages

May 30, 2020

Kimono Refashion: Shibori Kosice Top

お母さんが送ってくれた、かなり年代物の男性用帯で、ブラウスを作りました。


I made a blouse out of a men's old yukata (casual kimono) sash that my mother had sent to me years ago. The fabric is very light, like challis, and has this shibori patterns at the either end of the long narrow fabric.




I cut a size 4, except size 2 at the bust.


The pattern called for a 1/2" elastic for the shoulder gather and the sleeve hem but I used 1/4" elastic instead. I don't think it made much difference.


I tried really hard to preserve the shibori texture, but it's hard not to press it out!


This is a very dainty blouse and very delicate with light weight fabric. I like the rather surprising V-shaped back neck.


The fit is not quite perfect. The bust darts were too low for me and size 4 was a bit loose. But I'm glad I was able to make something out of this vintage fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment