Pages

October 21, 2015

Sewing Book Purchase

気になっていた裁縫の本を図書館で借りたら期待以上だったので、即刻購入。
I have borrowed Gertie's book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual from the library.
Well, as soon as flipped through, I knew I had to get it for myself, and I did.

I have been following Gertie's blog for a while now but the vintage style isn't really my thing, so I usually just enjoy reading the blog and that's it. I wasn't particularly drawn to her first book either as far as I can see from Amazon's "look inside" feature.

But I really liked the design of her underwear pattern from Butterick, and I recently bought her blouse pattern when Butterick patterns were on sale at Joann. So I decided to get this book from the library.

It's the great thing about the library system: I can just borrow it to see if I like it and if not, that's fine too.

Anyway, I really like this book. I have not read the first part (the "how-to" part) all the way, but I just like all the designs of the patterns included. There are 10 patterns of basic wardrobe building patterns included in the book, and what's more is that there are instructions to alter the patterns to make variety of different design variations. A fitted sweater pattern can be a cropped sweater top or cardigan, a knit pencil skirt pattern can be an A-line skirt or a gored skirt.

I really like all the patterns and variations (maybe except for a jumpsuit variation). This book is definitely worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment